Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Member of the Charging Systems Engineering team responsible for the development and verification/validation testing of electric vehicle battery charging products (both AC Chargers and DC Fast Chargers)
- Serve as the primary interface between the Charger Development team and the Vehicle Systems team to ensure a successful charger integration effort
- Lead HW and SW requirement definition from high level system prerequisites to low level component requirements using Rivian’s standard Requirement Management software tool
- Lead DFMEA efforts with the development team using Rivian’s standard FMEA software tool
- Lead Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Functional Safety efforts focused on the Charger in its intended application
- Develop a comprehensive Design Verification plan which employs test methods at various levels (SIL, HIL, Charger and Vehicle Charging System)
- Ensure product compliance with all applicable regulations, UL, ISO, IEC, NEC and other industry standards
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with electric vehicle battery charging systems
- In depth understanding of the regulatory requirements, UL, ISO, IEC and industry standards applicable to utility connected electric vehicle battery charging products
- Understanding of the ISO 15118 vehicle charging protocol
- Experience using requirement management tools such as Jama
- Experience leading DFMEAs and experience using DFMEA software tools (such as IQRM or Plato)
- Understanding of the Functional Safety process and standards relevant to safety critical systems and to Chargers in particular
- Experience or understanding of hardware and software validation testing at various levels (SIL, HIL, Charger and Vehicle Charging System)
- Participation on charging standard committees a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.