Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This Is What You’ll Do:
- Champion Wi-Fi features from their definition to fully functioning state, going from prototype to integration testing.
- Design, Setup and maintain test environment and automation framework for Wi-Fi connectivity SW including Station and softAP features.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the overall health and stability of Wi-Fi Software.
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests for Wi-Fi.
- Debug and root cause field and customer issues and reproduce/recreate issues in lab as needed.
- Characterize end to end data throughput, system performance and define key performance metrics.
- Triage bugs and perceived issues, escalating when appropriate and driving to resolution.
- Support Compliance certifications like Wi-Fi Alliance.
This is What You'll Need:
- Bachelor of Science or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience working on Wi-Fi Technologies.
- Very good understanding of IEEE 802.11 a, g, b, n, ac, ax PHY & MAC layer specification.
- Very good understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP).
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python and/or Shell.
- Experience building highly scalable automation frameworks from scratch is highly desired.
- Experience with embedded systems and Linux software development is a plus.
- Experience working on other wireless technologies like Cellular/3GPP, Bluetooth or BLE is a plus.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.