Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Physically screen all outbound parcel and freight to determine if any hazardous materials or dangerous goods regulations apply, and if so, that the package is compliantly prepared.
- Work with certified Dangerous Goods employees to verify requirements, and prepare the shipments accordingly.
- Monitor supply levels for dangerous goods related materials, to include UN rated packaging, labels, ESD materials, document templates, etc.
- Receive all inbound parcel and freight into notification system to inform recipients, and follow up until goods are physically received.
- Provide general logistics assistance to Rivian employees as needed to include locating of parcel and freight, assistance with the packaging of outbound shipments, and support with general questions.
- Assist with loading/unloading of freight and parcel shipments utilizing appropriate warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc)
- Take ownership of issue resolution on warehouse related questions, concerns, and escalations.
- 2-3 years relevant experience with warehouse operations: shipping, receiving, inventory control, goods receipt, documentation, issue out, escalations/resolutions. High volume, automotive or start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with handling hazardous materials or dangerous goods as defined by 49 CFR/IATA/IMDG or related. Previous full certification or general awareness training preferred
- Ability to adhere to strict work instructions
- Experience executing operations in a high velocity environment. Able to track multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong continuous improvement skills utilizing lean methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Forklift certified/Dangerous Goods handling experience a plus
- High school diploma required, Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- This role's core working hours are 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.