Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Act as primary point of contact and monitoring of vendor and subcontractor payment process (e.g.: GC Pay)
- Assist in implementing and improving our systems and protocols for Rivian’s protection and best interest
- Assist project staff with accounting and maintenance of cost reports
- Track and maintain subcontractor and supplier records / requirements
- Monitoring preliminary notices and vendor releases
- Liaise, as applicable, between Rivian Finance, Purchasing, Accounts Payable and the project Team
- Monitor vendor and subcontractor insurance
- Liaise, as applicable, with our in-house Facilities Operation Systems (FOS) and the FOS Program Managers, to develop and integrate accounting workflow and process
- Knowledge of construction billing and payment processes
- Familiarity with California Preliminary Notice rules and joint check procedures
- Knowledge of construction insurance certificates and additionally insured language
- Experience and knowledge of online subcontractor payment portals (e.g.: GC Pay)
- Experience and knowledge of accounting database software (e.g.: Coupa, Timberline and/or Viewpoint)
- Must have excellent computer skills and be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Comfortable in a “paperless environment”
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment, able to multi-task, meet critical deadlines with eye for accuracy and attention to details
- Knowledge of multiple project delivery methodologies, including; design/bid/build, design/build, GMP and cost plus
- Ability to support and provide “customer service mentality” for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.