Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be curious, solve problems, implement new methods and make amazing products
- Lead durability road load data collection and analysis projects
- Work with instrumentation team to collect proving ground data using wheel force transducers, accelerometers, strain gages, string potentiometers, vehicle CAN channels etc.
- Do data quality shakedown checks and sign offs for road load data acquisition (RLDA) projects.
- Data owner and maintain durability data documentation and RLDA library.
- Work with reliability team to process data and define test profiles – block cycles, random vibration, etc.
- Create standardized methods and document processes
- Provide raw data and summaries to vehicle modelling and simulations teams for load cascade and correlation studies.
- Work in close collaboration with test rigs and vehicle technicians, instrumentation, and design teams
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Support all vehicle level data collections, component bedplate durability and strength, MST 329 road simulation and vibration testing
- Bachelor of Science, engineering with 3 years experience in durability loads analysis
- Expert proficiency with nCode for data analysis
- Strong mechanical engineering, durability and vibration fundamentals
- Experience with processing and analysis of time series data
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Experience being hands-on test engineer is a plus (test planning, development, execution, inspections, root cause analysis, data processing, report writing)
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Willing to travel up to 10% to witness/observe testing as required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.