Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with the Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) team to create and manage engineering schedules, prototype and production supplier schedules to support overall vehicle program milestones and deliverables.
- Constantly identify programmatic risks, critical dependencies, and work to mitigate and reduce exposure.
- Provide timely escalation of technical, timing, or resource issues/risks to Engineering and Vehicle leadership teams.
- Drive engineering teams towards containment and resolution of issues raised from design reviews, virtual builds, and build events to protect the program’s schedule to start of production (SOP) and ongoing production.
- Maintain supplier relationships in collaboration with Supply Chain team to ensure timely deliveries for build events.
- Drive x-functional collaboration between studio design, structures, interiors, electrical, mechanical engineering and manufacturing teams to deliver an exceptional product across our program line-up.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/business
- Minimum 5+ years of technical program management or relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of product development process from design, development, validation and integration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills at all working levels, internally and externally
- Proven experience driving progress on multiple projects across multiple locations and timelines
- Ability to manage ambiguity, create clarity and push for prioritization by risk
- Strong ability to humbly lead by influence and by example
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity and be self-motivated
- Experienced with implementing and refining new processes
- Travel as needed to support builds
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.