Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Help in creating the best Off-Road bumper systems in the world
- Delve deep into the design strategy, consider every nut, every bolt and every clip, every weld and critique every section
- Develop DVP’s and ensure the design can pass all testing set forth, from appearance to performance, while optimizing weight and cost
- Heavy interfacing with multiple teams, daily/weekly design reviews and always pushing for the best results
- Develop detailed parametric CAD models in Catia, be the one stop shop for a part
- Source suppliers based on the design made by you, take the product from cradle to grave
- Most importantly, don’t be afraid to take risks, go into the unknown, become a better engineer and have fun!
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent
- Good knowledge about various manufacturing and joining processes mainly stamping, press-brake, casting, injection molding, riveting, bonding and welding
- Good grasp of design fundamentals and have a first principles approach
- Good knowledge of what kind of testing is done on parts that need to be structural as well as have A-class finish
- Excellent CAD skills (Catia preferred)
- Be a self-starter, tackle issues head on and seek solutions
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.