Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is who you are:
You are detail-oriented, willing to learn, self-motivated, confident, have great communication skills, and interested in learning about the world of EV industry. This role is a great opportunity to support and collaborate with business partners worldwide, as well as work with a diverse group of highly motivated (and fun) team members. Ideal candidate must possess the ability to adapt to current and future responsibilities, as well as expand responsibilities as needed.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with members of respective business teams on letters of intent and lease requests.
- Prepare initial drafts for leases, purchase and sale agreements, master service agreements, and other real estate agreements.
- Review (under attorney supervision and direction) third party comments to Rivian’s real estate and construction contracts and documentation.
- Review (under attorney supervision and direction) initial and revised drafts of lease terminations and extensions, subordination agreements, broker agreements, easements, parking agreements, access agreements, and construction contracts.
- Coordinate title review, execution of real estate agreements, and related closings on properties.
- Manage and update real estate document template library and document tagging system for real estate contracts.
- Complete or assist on special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work together with the other members of the legal department to prioritize items and highlight ongoing issues.
This is what you’ll need:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies from an accredited university.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house with a strong background in real estate.
- Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must have persistence to overcome obstacles and ability to complete work in a timely manner. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executive team and employees across all levels of the company in a highly professional manner.
- Must be able to respond promptly to internal client requests and deal with inquiries from affiliated entities. Should be able to identify issues and solve practical problems in an independent manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication and writing skills, and ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated to take ownership of assigned tasks with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours, when necessary.
- Must have highly proficient knowledge of internet software and spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook or similar systems).
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Irvine, CA, Palo Alto, CA, or Plymouth, MI
Travel: Around 20-30%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.