Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Plastic Injection Molding Quality Engineer who will be responsible for leading built in quality within the plastic injection molding area. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years’ experience in the plastic injection molding industry along with class “A” surface experience in the automobile industry. This role will be responsible for supporting PFMEA development, leading and developing control plans, developing (MES) manufacturing engineering system requirements, and collecting data throughout the plastic injection molding process to make decisions on how to increase results. The right candidate will have a passion for manufacturing and driving solutions to complex issues through structured problem-solving techniques.
• Responsibilities· Work hand in hand with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Quality to develop robust solutions for built in quality processes.
• Work cross functionally to support PFMEA development for Plastic injection mold process.
• Develop robust control plans supporting PFMEA
• Support tooling engineers in dimensional & class A reviews before tools arrive to plant
• Lead dimensional and class A quality loop feedback as tools are validated in plant
• Support injection molding process as well as sub assembly process
• Support continuous improvement efforts post SOP and lead root cause problem solving.
• Establish APQP process in plastics area
• Support Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions based on data collected
• Lead data development and establish equipment parameters that need to be monitored.
• Lead MES validation
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Engineering College / University
• 4 – 6 years plastic injection mold experience
• Six Sigma Green Belt 4 – 6 years of plastic injection molding experience.
• Successfully completed RJG Mold Master training
• Knowledge of AIAG, APQP and related tools
• Blueprint reading, Class “A” surface, and GD&T knowledge
• Automotive experience a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.