Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will be responsible for building out and leading a team of vehicle dynamics simulation engineers. Your team will help Rivian achieve success by optimizing the dynamic performance of Rivian vehicle programs through the use of system and vehicle level simulation models. You will create a robust simulation toolchain/process that improves the team’s efficiency and allows for consistent evaluation methods across all programs.
- Build out and lead the Vehicle Dynamics Simulation team across all vehicle programs
- Increase the efficiency of organization by creating and developing a robust simulation toolchain/process that enables teams to leverage correlated vehicle models to prove out concepts, run what-if studies and solve complex technical problems
- Help to define the objective dynamic metrics that characterize the “DNA” of Rivian vehicles
- Lead and support team members from both a technical and managerial standpoint, making key decisions on direction where required
- Efficiently manage weekly and quarterly task lists and assign ownership to proper simulation engineer
- Build strong working relationships between Dynamics team and those that we directly interface with (controls, chassis etc) and encourage team members to foster strong personal working relationships
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive Chassis development with a focus on Vehicle Dynamics
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 or V6
- Competent in Multi-Body Dynamics tools, preferably Adams
- Competent in full vehicle simulation tools, preferably CarMaker
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.