Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will be responsible for the development of testers and validation execution of electronics technology components. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and indirect leadership capability. You’re the voice of the Test and Validation Team within the Rivian Electronics team.
You will be responsible to drive the Design, Development, Release, Validation for different Rivian Electronics Testers as well as planning and execution of electronics validation and communicate any issues and concerns captured during validation. You’ll maintain and ensure awareness of overall departmental test and validation deliverable status.
- Work closely with the Test Automation team to create engineering and delivery schedules, closely track engineering progress, and deliveries against overall development of functional testers.
- Identify development risks and work to mitigate and reduce exposure, championing and raising issues and removing roadblocks to hit timing.
- Work with the manufacturing, software, electrical and other teams to identify, come together, and drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and drive the development and integration of Automated Testers via design reviews, ensuring all testers are supported to effectively test and validation modules
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Supply chain to ensure timely delivery of components and assemblies for tester builds.
- Coordinate with Hardware, Software, and Test Team to ensure delivery and successful execution of validation.
- Communicate failures identified in the automated tester or during validation immediately for cross functional support and escalate any critical issues that could impact Program Timing.
- Support engineering and technician efforts as needed to ensure timely execution of tasks
- Be able to plan budget for the project and maintain forecast, maintaining risk registers
- 8+ years of experience on a program team or equivalent experience
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Detailed knowledge of electronics design, development, validation, and integration process
- Demonstrated experience in addressing and solving complex issue
- Strong communication experience with Executive Staff
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Proven experience tracking and driving the progress of multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create clarity; oversee multiple projects and make them better
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Travel as needed to support builds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.