Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Manager of our Automotive User Research team, you will lead a team and work hands-on to create the best possible user vehicle user experience. You will use your broad knowledge to inspire, mentor and enable the researchers on your team to build industry best experiences.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction for a small team of researchers across various levels of experience
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and others to prioritize research opportunities.
- Report to the Director of user research
- Set and maintain industry benchmarks using SUS and NPS as metrics
- Develop, own, and lead the user research roadmap across multiple vehicle programs.
- Help determine and validate product feature sets
- Work on automotive display UI as well as general vehicle usability
- Develop personas through market studies
- Lead competitive benchmarking of competitors to make recommendations to help influence current and future vehicles.
- Utilize in-person and online tools for testing
- Master’s degree in a Human-Computer Interaction related field
- 5-10 years of relevant management experience within User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development ideally in an automotive setting
- Have a broad skillset of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to focus groups, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Survey experience with Qualtrics or similar
- Passionate about the automotive and transportation industry.
- Comfortable using either Qualitative or Quantitative methods as needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.