Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As 3D Design Manager for the Concept Design team, you will utilize 3D modeling, mapping, texturing and lighting to create realistic renderings of our proposed facilities. You’ll be developing scenes highlighting our products and culture in environments of all sizes, ranging anywhere from a small office interiors to large scale masterplan aerials.
- Produce compelling, photorealistic 3D renderings of interior and exterior spaces
- Model highly detailed architectural and organic elements, including custom furniture/lighting
- Brainstorm and collaborate within the Concept Design team, as well as other departments
- Solid understanding of visual language – texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, lighting, shade, composition, depth of field, proportion, etc.
- Experienced in all phases of design and the creative process; from brainstorming and concept formulation to developing and refining designs, to creating amazing renderings and other visualizations, to documentation for estimating, production and fabrication.
- Keeps informed of retail and design industry trends, technological innovations, and cultural influences.
- Self-motivated, works well on their own AND thrives in a collaborative, team environment.
- 3+ years or architectural/interior rendering experience
- Be resourceful, innovative, proactive and have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, under tight deadlines
- A Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, interior design, multimedia design or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the following software
- 3DS Max
- Vray & Corona, or applicable renderer
- Adobe Creative Suite
- CAD/Revit/Sketchup/Rhino experience is a plus
- Animation experience is a plus
- Unity and VR experience is a plus
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to share ideas through sketching and other visual mediums that allow rapid sharing of ideas and refinement of designs.
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.