Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Set up test fixture and equipment.
- Maintaining and organizing lab chemical, tools, and equipment such as gloveboxes, gas tank, pumps, fume hood, crimpers, etc…
- Making SOP for test equipment maintenance.
- Teardown cells and harvest the torn-down cell’s component such as electrode, separator, and electrolyte.
- Prepare electrode samples for cell assembly.
- Assemble cells at different scales.
- Execute physical/dimensional and electrical tests using cycler (Arbin, Maccor…).
- Prepare samples for different characterizations such as GC/MS, SEM, ICP, etc…
- Document test results and present to cell engineer/scientist.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Chemistry with experience in laboratory environment.
- Understand basic electrical knowledge such as ohm’s laws, circuit.
- Understand chemistry and know to handle the common laboratory equipment according to the SOP.
- Hands on experience in preparing samples for the laboratory equipment such as GC/MS, SEM, or ICP, etc.
- Experience in working in glovebox and/or dry room.
- Make effort to get thing done.
- Be detail oriented.
- Humble to learn new knowledge and develop new skills.
- Proficient in MS office package (excel, word and PowerPoint).
- Experience in lithium ion batteries is a plus.
- Understanding about lithium ion batteries including electrical/electrochemical and safety characteristics is a plus.
- Hands on experience on dissecting/assembly cells is a plus.
- Good knowledge about handling air-sensitive materials (electrode, electrolyte, and separator) is a plus.
- Hands on experience with cyclers (Arbin, Maccor…) is a plus.
- Experience with building cells is a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.