Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for making sure our Workplace locations offer an incredible dining experience, the Culinary Operations Coordinator (West) ensures that our culinary vision and program goals are continually met. This role is tasked with supporting the Sr. Culinary Program Manager in being the go-to source of knowledge within the Culinary and Workplace Operations teams in the West. Additionally, you will be tasked with assisting in the creation, implementation, and innovation of Culinary programs including cafés, catering, special events, alternative dining solutions, and OCS. Employee happiness, sustainability, and nutrition for our entire team is of the utmost importance. Our Culinary Operations Coordinator will need to face day-to-day challenges head on and work with a large group of people in an efficient and timely manner to drive optimal costs, establish sustainable practices, and maintain the overall health of our teams.
- Support in developing new and existing culinary programs across all Workplace locations
- Support our culinary partners in both day-to-day tactical and strategic planning
- Organize and coordinate catering/event orders with customer and food team
- Effectively communicate updates and feedback to Culinary teams and stakeholders
- Maintain the strategy of Rivian’s culinary experience for employees through quality control, sustainability, optionality, cost management, and plant forward cuisine
- Support fiduciary responsibility for culinary operations including all relevant cost metrics and P&L oversite
- Assist with forecasting and budget development
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all partners and vendors
- Oversee timely repair and maintenance scheduled for equipment, as needed
- Manage multiple projects and requests simultaneously while exceeding Rivian standards for quality
- Assist as needed with ad hoc projects as identified by your manager
- 3-5 years of culinary/hospitality experience in a supervisory position
- Proven understanding of contract food service
- Well versed in cost management programming and knowledgeable about industry standards
- Experience in multi-unit or multi-faceted f&b programs
- Strong leadership skills, people skills, and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detail oriented
- Exceptional knowledge within food safety and sanitation systems, procedures, and operations.
- Must possess all local and state required certifications for food safety, sanitation, and health.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%-20%
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.