Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Help develop and commercialize our state-of-the-art electric vehicle battery packs including the manufacturing processes and people to run them.
- Create new process and equipment to efficiently produce battery packs.
- Optimize processes for top quality results.
- Interact closely with the Battery Design Engineering team and senior management.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art build processes.
- Able to manage a small team of diverse technicians.
- Extremely strong leadership skills with a vision to implement new process and procedures.
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering or Science.
- A proven track record of technical excellence.
- Project leadership and mentoring skills.
- A flair for creative problem solving.
- 10 years of experience with a BS or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Hands-on high voltage expereince.
- Experience with electrical test systems.
- Hands-on practical experience with shop tools and prototyping.
- Experience with automotive engineering preferred but not required.
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating creativity in resolving mechanical manufacturing problems.
- Working Hours; 40 plus hours per week with some weekends
- Travel Requirements of Position; some out of state travel may be required.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.