Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will support the development of electrical components through validation on bench, lab car and vehicle levels. You will be responsible for working with the design engineers to create and execute both system and vehicle level test plans as well as perform component level bench testing based on their detailed specifications.
- Work closely with Electronics Design to develop system and vehicle level test plans to be executed
- Identify bench level validation aspects including cross functional considerations such as user interface in addition to the specifications written by the design team.
- Identify risks in designs from validation activities
- Investigating issues raised in the field and because of vehicle level validation
- Effectively communicate issues and work cross functionally with the design team
- Be able to generate system for automated validation where applicable
- Be able to design and direct technicians for assembly of test boxes for bench validation requirements
- Lead technician to support activities related to validation
- BS+ in Electrical Engineering or Technical Equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in a test and validation
- Experience using DMM, power supplies, oscilloscopes and CAN logging equipment
- Experience taking and manipulating CAN data to support validation and testing
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Travel as needed to support builds and component failure investigations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.