Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
With a strong background in cybersecurity, you will execute the technical aspects of the Privacy Program at Rivian.
You will apply cybersecurity expertise to solve privacy issues. You will work closely with the legal, engineering, IT and cybersecurity teams to ensure alignment.
Preferred candidates will also have a background either in audit or privacy. Strong understanding of relevant ISO frameworks is a plus.
This role with report to the Director of Privacy, Cybersecurity.
- Ensure required cybersecurity controls are in place to effectively protect PII.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve privacy risk.
- Communicate requirements to internal and external parties.
- Perform assessments to analyze the risk level of third-party engagements, both for new and existing vendors.
- Mitigate risks related to processing, transmission and storage of PII.
- Assist business units to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working in security, governance, risk and compliance, or privacy.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of standards such as SOC 2, ISO27001, ISO27701 and PCI DSS.
- Understanding of GDPR and CCPA fundamentals.
- Understanding of Cloud technology providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- CISSP, CISA, CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/US, CIPP/E or other Information Security/ Privacy certifications are a definite plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.