Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
With a strong background in Privacy laws and practices, coupled with experience in cybersecurity, you will execute the Privacy Program at Rivian.
You will be responsible for the execution of specific projects from initiation to completion. You will work closely with the legal, engineering, IT and cybersecurity teams to ensure strategy alignment.
You will apply appropriate project management frameworks for all projects.
Successfully initiate, plan, execute and close all project deliverables as committed.
This role with report to the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Develop a strategic roadmap to evolve the privacy and risk management programs
- Proactively stay up to date with regulations, standards and rules
- Implement and document all policies and procedures
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving compliance issues
- Communicating requirements to internal and external parties
- Responsible for performing third-party risk assessments and analyzing the risk level of third-party engagements, both for new and existing vendors (as part of ongoing review and update cycles).
- Analyze due diligence documentation to arrive at risk assessment ratings against the Rivian’s risk methodology, and in accordance with regulatory and industry standards.
- Conduct gap analysis and assessment of privacy and risk Management programs
- Develop continuous improvements to privacy governance & risk management program
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for privacy.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments to assess and mitigate risks related to processing, transmission and storage of PII data specific privacy-related requirements and potential vulnerabilities, including managing the privacy impact assessment process
- Participate in new business initiatives and product development activities to identify and escalate privacy considerations.
- Collaborate with and assist business units to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy compliance issues.
- Continuously monitor the status and effectiveness of privacy controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working in security, governance, risk and compliance, privacy
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle client-facing engagements
- Self-motivated and results oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with standards such as SOC 2, ISO27001, ISO27701 and PCI DSS
- CISSP, CISA, CIPM, CIPP/US, CIPP/E or other Information Security/ Privacy attestation(s) is a definite plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.