Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the specification, architecture, design, implementation and testing of various embedded Linux software components in support of automotive DC fast charging systems. Project activities include but are not limited to: general sensor/signal data consumption, signaling interfaces, UI Display coordination and architecture, Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) message implementations, Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing, defining/implementing application interfaces, and the design/implementation of concise, modular/testable embedded functions/modules/libraries. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of embedded SW engineering from requirements to validation.
- Design, build and maintain embedded Linux OS components and device drivers for EPC SW applications
- Support embedded architecture and algorithm packaging/coding in the support of embedded EPC applications
- Create elegant/efficient software components and interfaces for real time workloads
- Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
- Solve real-time signal processing problems
- Work with hardware at a bench and HIL level to guarantee software operation
- Design communication bridges using various protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance, and support
- Document requirements, software design and test procedures/results
- Experience developing for embedded Linux systems using statically and/or dynamically typed programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Python)
- A working knowledge of development with embedded Linux reference boards, prototypes and production boards including a comfort with or eagerness to learn troubleshooting of hardware-software interactions
- Experience/familiarity with or willingness to learn relevant standards such as ISO 15118, HomePlug Green PHY and OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol)
- Ability to create bullet-proof APIs and modular, well architected systems
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (Git)
- Familiarity with how to design software programs for testability
- Strong communication skills: we often need to articulate complex ideas and solutions in ways that many others on the team can understand – effective, kind and proactive communications is expected for collaboration at Rivian
- A college degree in an applicable engineering field, or, demonstration of proficiency in above areas
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.