Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Provide onsite L2 IT Support for Rivian Commercial locations – Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints (Windows and Mac machines, kiosks, iOS devices, POS systems, printers, AV technology)
- Assist with the buildout of Rivian Commercial locations – Installing workstations and imaging machines, configuring AV conference rooms, installing network equipment such as wireless access points, etc.
- Perform regular IT maintenance and assist with IT upgrades - Assisting with server and network upgrades, OS upgrades, technology rollouts, and onsite/offsite meeting coordination
- Network monitoring and initial troubleshooting of network related issues
- Incident Management – Responding, tracking, resolving, and reporting of escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Provide occasional level 1 technology support during high-demand periods (incidents/outages, enterprise-wide deployments, etc.)
- Track IT assets and follow the inventory management guidelines – Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, and other peripheral equipment
- Adhere to the End User Computing policies (including desktop group policies), standards, and procedures for hardware and software
- Provide after-hours support as per the business demand – Travelling users in different time zones and other IT Infrastructure changes
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Create knowledge base articles and process documentation
- Look to improve all aspects of the Commercial IT Support functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 6-8 years (or relative) in an IT Support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
- Bachelor’s degree or Professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities
- Experience with: Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, Microsoft Intune, Jamf (Casper), and other system management tools
- Experience with: Wired/Wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Support Experience with Office365, all major browsers, 3rd party popular applications, encryption software, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDIs), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Passionate about delivering white-glove customer service and support – articulate technical solutions to a non-technical audience, execute tasks in a timely manner, exercise empathy, and anticipate end user needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and exercise resourcefulness in the field
- Proactively learn about new technologies in an effort to improve and optimize
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with L3 teams, vendors, end users, and project managers
- Ability to travel a large percentage of the time between Rivian locations
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Multiple Locations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.