Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Identify, analyze, design, develop and debug system software for Camera/Imaging and Computer Vision features on Linux, QNX Android systems.
- Deliver quality code, debug complex problems, prioritize and get things done with a high level of efficiency and urgency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple engineering and algorithms teams, making the architectural, design tradeoffs required to deliver scalable end to end software stack across various compute engines.
- Stay openminded, constantly dive into innovative technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of complex problem solving.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with C/C++ on QNX/Qt/QML.
- Experience creating multimedia Qt application on QNX/Linux or similar framework.
- Experience in implementing new media features especially camera in QNX/Android.
- Experience in QNX Momentics tool suite.
- Knowledge of QNX/Linux internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency, synchronization, memory allocation, file system, networking, storage, subsystem architecture).
- Good understanding of media/camera framework in QNX/Android.
- Solid understanding of CMAKE/Makefile configuration.
- Experience with QNX/Android/ThreadX or similar RTOS environment.
- Proficiency with revision control including: git, subversion, or equivalent.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities in programming, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to drive innovation and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.