Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Primary roles are not limited to the following:
- Perform prototype high voltage battery operations
- Assist in the set-up of test devices under the direction of engineering or supervisor
- Perform inspection activities of finished work as required under the direction of engineering or supervisor
- Use various mechanical tools such as drills, screwdrivers, saws and wrenches as required
- Assemble and wire test fixtures
- Gather test data and ensuring test setups are safe
- Communicate across departments abnormalities and concerns during the above tasks
- Builds complex prototypes from verbal instructions and/or simple drawings and performs testing and documentation duties with moderate supervision
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of various test fixtures and system mechanisms
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Be flexible to perform different job functions
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to communicate ideas and concerns clearly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Safe use of hand tools and power tools
- Experience working in assembly or mechanical or electrical repair
- Knowledge of the use of meters and electronic test equipment desirable
- Physical qualifications; able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Standard 40 hours with some overtime when necessary
- Hands on, strong mechanical aptitude, need to know how to use tools and build/prototype
- Experienced and comfortable working with high voltage systems
- Machine shop / part fabrication experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.