Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Identify, analyze, design, develop and debug system software for Camera/Imaging and Computer Vision features on Linux, QNX Android systems.
- Deliver quality code, debug complex problems, prioritize and get things done with a high level of efficiency and urgency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple engineering and algorithms teams, making the architectural, design tradeoffs required to deliver scalable end to end software stack across various compute engines.
- Stay open-minded, constantly dive into innovative technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of complex problem solving.
- 10+ years of hands on experience with C/C++ on RTOS.
- Experience with optimizing code across various compute engines and heterogeneous computing ( CPU / GPU / DSP / etc)
- Experience with best in class Engineering practices, technical documentation, design/architecting, and code reviews.
- Experience with software update strategy for development and mass production phases including but not limited to OTA SW updates, factory SW updates, recovery SW updates, secure SW updates, etc.
- Experience with one or more HAL architectures (preferably Camera HAL)
- Excellent understanding of the camera stack bring up, MIPI / CSI drivers, V4L2 drivers, SerDes drivers.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with interface protocol stacks (SPI,I2C, Ethernet).
- Deep understanding of the camera processing pipeline from a systems level, including ISP, sensors, SerDes, power management, etc.
- Familiar with RTOS kernel (Threadx or QNX), IPC, kernel and user space driver model.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.