Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Energy & Charging Analyst, you’ll be responsible for managing a core program on the Charging & Energy Solutions team and helping Rivian customers lower their carbon footprint. A successful individual in this role will have a strong passion for electric vehicles, renewable energy, and making the world a better place.
The ideal candidate will have experience with project management, data analysis, and stakeholder management. Also important is an understanding of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), carbon offsets, or related programs that help consumers limit their personal greenhouse gas emissions. Success in this role requires collaboration with stakeholders across Rivian’s business, including product management, engineering, brand, communications, data science, and the commercial team. You will need to be highly organized and efficient.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and maintain a system for accounting Rivian customers’ carbon footprint.
- Oversee all aspects of a consumer/fleet carbon offset program.
- Continuous improvement of the offering, introducing new options, optimizing for cost efficiencies, and ensuring a top-tier customer experience.
- Leading Marketing claims validation efforts around carbon offsets or related programs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2-5+ years of analytical and modeling experience, using combinations of Excel, SQL queries, and/or Tableau (or similar).
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and working quickly to build MVP offerings, while planning for long-term programs at scale.
- An ability to multitask and work with multiple stakeholders at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Background in corporate sustainability/carbon accounting, management consulting, or commodities trading.
- A deep desire to make the world a better place.
- 2+ years of carbon offset program management experience, preferably directly trading, or working with brokers and trading operations, or developing sustainability programs preferred.
- Experience working in either (or both) electric vehicle charging and/or renewable energy products and services preferred.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging and Energy Solutions
Location: Irvine or Palo Alto, CA or Plymouth, MI
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.