Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Test and Validation Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team to plan and execute overall vehicle validation, focusing on ADAS and Self-Driving feature development. You’ll participate in in-vehicle test drives and support track based validation testing.
- Determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to perform verification/validation on the vehicle platform
- Plan and execute test plans for various levels of autonomy with test vehicle fleets
- Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, HARAs
- Participate in requirement reviews
- Participate in root cause analysis of test failures
- Assist in troubleshooting issues found during testing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Experience in automotive or similar applications
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Experience with ADAS features a plus
- Experience in vehicle testing on track
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.