Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This high visibility role is responsible for supporting the Commercial Finance team’s financial forecast for the Charging & Energy Solutions channel. This role is critical to the success of strategically growing the Rivian Charging & Energy Solutions channel, so we're looking for an individual who can lead a team, is extremely analytical and super attentive to detail, is a strong relationship builder, and motivated to drive results.
The main commercial systems and processes to be built span across four areas:
- Commercial FP&A: Partnering with Corporate FP&A, Product Development Finance, Sales Operations/S&OP, Strategy, and Manufacturing to model Charging & Energy Solutions’ revenue and gross margin for budgeting and forecasting
- Commercial Financial Operations: Partnering with Accounts Receivables/Treasury, Accounting, Charging & Energy Solutions, and Logistics to ensure the order-to-cash process is smooth, efficient, tax-compliant, and that necessary and helpful transactional data is available for financial analysis
- Strategy: Investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action regarding new business opportunities, market entry/exit decisions, etc.
- Product Insights: partnering with Charging & Energy Solutions to build KPI’s to enable deep understanding of product performance
- Effectively manage financial forecast and analysis of Rivian Charging & Energy Solution locations and products expenses, as well as headcount and operating budgets, including supporting the development and communication of expense forecasts to leadership and to internal finance business partners
- Support development of annual financial budget and long-range plans for Charging & Energy Solutions locations and product expenses in partnership with Charging & Energy Solutions leadership and corporate business partners, supporting Rivian’s strategic priorities
- Develop the strategy and provide the required analytical support to recommend new/different ways of managing expenses in a growing and changing business environment. Identify financial risks and opportunities to support leadership decision making process
- Partner with Real Estate Finance to manage the capital pipeline for the Commercial Finance team, managing the financial forecast and risk analysis for new location growth plans, remodels, and construction timelines
- Develop and measure KPI’s for measuring return on investment and customer conversion in support annual budget targets
- Execute reporting on performance vs. budget: sales & gross margin forecast, capital expenditures, return on investment and continuously refine budgeting process for optimal outcome
- Support ad hoc fleet analysis for portfolio planning and external reporting
- Share critical site specific reporting with location leaders and HQ executives highlighting key performance indicators and trends at the store, district, region, and fleet level and support ad hoc performance analysis intended to contribute to ongoing growth in various store segments
- Identify key drivers of location and product operating expense variability and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5-7 years of work experience planning and forecasting experience, within the energy industry a plus
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theories
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast paced environment
- Proven experience budgeting, planning, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures
- Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster and easier
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required, experience with Adaptive Insights and SAP a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA and Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.