Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Project management of the Stationary Energy Storage Core Technology (SESCT) development within Rivian’s Electric Power Conversion (EPC) team in Carson.
- Manage system and component development timelines, from requirements definition to product validation and deployment
- Milestone development and tracking
- Management of detailed system and components’ timelines
- Ensure that system and component Bill of Material (BOM) is released and sourced
- System and Component BOM management
- Tracking of component sourcing and component status
- Project issue tracking, corrective action implementations using JIRA and other tools
- Organize regular Product Development Team (PDT) meetings and report out progress and issues on periodic (daily, weekly etc.) basis to the management
- Escalate project execution issues (software, hardware, resources) to Program Managers / Engineering Leadership and work with the EPC Leadership on developing mitigating strategies
- Collaborate with teams to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience
- 3+ years automotive and/or power electronics industrial experience in Technical Program/Project Management
- Understanding of automotive and/or industrial power electronics product development, testing & validation processes
- Good knowledge of Technical Program Management process and product development timeline tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Experience creating and implementing new project/program management processes
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Stationary Energy Storage (SES) product development preferred
- Understanding of SES product regulatory requirements, testing & validation processes preferred
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.