Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role you will contribute to the overall design and development of Rivian electric motors and sub systems. Providing engineering support in packaging studies, concept development, prototype builds, through releasing production parts and associated assembly documentation. Using knowledge of manufacturing methods and Engineering analysis to provide cost effective designs.
- Design sub-systems and components for electric motors and supporting systems.
- Review designs & drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Support developing component technical specifications, DVP&Rs, test plans as well as Statements of Work (SOW) as required.
- Analyze & verify designs with analytical and/or numerical methods as required.
- Support DFM & DFA external and internal for cost efficiency, manufacturability and reliability.
- Design of associated assembly tooling and fixtures for dynamometer & lab testing.
- Participate in suppliers’ meetings. Lead and/or support product development with suppliers. Work closely with supplier quality Team to ensure product quality is met.
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables including designs, drawings, analyses and other documentations as required.
- Troubleshot and support root cause analysis.
- Support motor and sub-systems performance with hands on experiments & testing.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering staff to support internal R&D efforts.
- Perform a variety of tasks and development activities.
- BSME degree with 3+ years of experience in mechanical design preferably related to automotive environment.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or V6.
- Proficiency in GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools including Project & Visio.
- Knowledge in sand cast, high pressure die cast and injection molding in both design & manufacturing.
- Understanding various manufacturing techniques of both low & high-volume production.
- Knowledge in DFMEA, DVP&R and PFMEA.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.