Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The data modeler designs, implements, and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. These solutions support enterprise performance management, financial cloud platforms, master data catalogs, operational data stores, decision support systems, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other financial interests.
- Oversea and govern FP&A software data migration automation projects
- Interact with various levels of corporate finance stakeholders
- Provide technology expertise to team members and project teams
- Provide design advice and guidance throughout the automation project lifecycle
- Contribute to the development of methodologies, approaches, and finance master data models relevant to the Enterprise Performance Management Center
- Lead and mentor senior financial analysts through the data management and automation project life cycles
- Passion for financial data automation, unit testing, and process improvements
- Ad hoc technology enhancements as needed
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or similar field or 8 years of equivalent experience in finance data model management and design highly preferred
- 3+ years of financial transaction based analysis, quality assurance and user testing of object-oriented programming applications highly preferred
- Good understanding of financial and accounting concepts as well as ERP systems like SAP, Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft dynamics and IBM DB2
- Experience with SQL and relational database development, including stored procedures, data models, master data management and transactional flows
- Familiarity with optimization techniques, including multi-threading and concurrency
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience with using Jira / Confluence highly preferred
- Experience of debugging Microsoft Azure Multi-Tenant Platform preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to solve problems and think outside of the box
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.