Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Document operational content using Oxygen XML editor.
- Document the causes of customer concerns using a PostgreSQL database.
- Link causes to appropriate symptoms, logged data, and labor codes to facilitate vehicle diagnosis.
- Ensure that documentation is complete and accurate by researching failures, partnering with subject matter experts to glean all necessary detail, validating diagnosis accuracy and efficiency with repair plan advisors, and participating in peer reviews to ensure consistency in the system.
- Continually update vehicle documentation as required to document diagnostic changes resulting in updates to vehicles through software updates.
- Develop mockups, storyboards, or other requirements documents used in the creation of graphics, animations, and video content.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of processes, standards, guidelines, templates, and internal tools.
- Follow guidelines governing style, localization, and content reuse.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, technical writing, engineering, or technology.
- 2+ years of experience creating documentation for hardware or software products. Experience documenting automotive vehicles, charging equipment, or related products is preferred.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity, and be self-motivated.
- Experience developing and refining new processes, standards, templates, or internal tools.
- Experience using an advanced authoring system such as Oxygen XML Editor or FrameMaker is preferred.
- Experience making edits in databases with a focus on preservation of data and impacts on reporting over time is preferred.
- Experience performing specialized publishing tasks such template creation, development and use of content reuse strategies, and translation management is preferred.
- Ability to manage tasks and information flow using collaboration software such as JIRA, Confluence, Figma, SharePoint, Smartsheet, and Lucidchart.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.