Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling, and charging) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
We are seeking a Tools Engineer for our Platform Infrastructure team who will develop automation and tools to support CICD and SDLC practices of all Digital Technology engineering teams. Using best of class CICD process and tool integrations he/she will develop tools using full stack engineering practices utilizing the latest frontend and serverless or microservice architectures to build tools that enable software engineers to be as productive as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team and help lay a strong technical foundation for the organization.
- Work across the organization and engineering teams to deliver high quality products and solutions that delight Rivian customers.
- Develop process and practices for building, deploying, and testing applications and services, using AWS or other cloud services.
- Build tools and automation around CICD best practices.
- Use APIs and webhooks to integrate SDLC tools into a seamless automated release process, including: K8S, Jira, Bitbucket, Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS API, Lambda, and others.
- Build mobile or web applications to track engineering code changes through SDLC.
- Develop monitoring and alerting solutions and dashboards to inform engineering teams on bottle necks or problem areas of each pipeline.
- Several years working as a full life cycle software engineer building and supporting full stack applications and web services.
- Experience designing and delivering engineering tools such as a Catalog Service, metrics capturing and reporting systems.
- Several years building REST or web APIs to integrate software develop tools or services, using frameworks and languages such as Spring Boot, NodeJS, Golang, python etc.
- Experience building web or mobile frontends with common frameworks such as (HTML/CSS), Angular, React, React-Native, Swift, Java for Android etc, or others.
- Experience with CICD best practices namely: CI, Infrastructure as Code, Pipelines as Code, automated deployments and testing, monitoring solutions, branching and releasing practices.
- Experience with common build tools and testing procedures.
- Experience with AWS services including: ELB, EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or equivalent work experience.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Technology
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Vancouver, BC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.