Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Join a team developing the next generation battery cells for Rivian!
- Guide and enable a cross-functional team to develop and deliver cell assembly design, processes and equipment
- Build comprehensive detailed plan focusing on the critical path, budget/spend, actual/performance
- Ensure project success by highlighting challenges early and working collaboratively to mitigate gaps
- Champion Rivian culture within the cross functional team and ensure team cohesion
- Deep dive into challenges in various cell designs and resulting materials, processes and equipment
- Work to standardize processes and implement controls such as design releases, GD&T, D/PFMEA, RFQ, F/SAT etc
- Collaborate with construction and facilities team to meet manufacturing requirements
- Follow up with various vendors to keep track of high level project goals
- Bachelors/Masters in Material/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience in developing cell design, processes and landing manufacturing equipment
- 7+ years of experience in a project or program manager role
- High level understanding of Li-Ion batteries and challenges with current suite of cell technologies
- Can, insulator, separator, sealant design experience
- Winding, Stacking, Welding, Crimping, Filling, high speed automation systems experience
- Experience in high-speed automation, mechanical design (CAD) and data collection (MES)
- Mass production experience, design, manufacturing, production experience
- Highly organized, demonstrated capabilities of working in a dynamic environment and executing at a high level
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.