Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY:
Help develop manufacturing supply chain by owning the creation and maintenance of data bases:
- Identify and organize market data and research regarding suppliers and capabilities to support development of sourcing road maps with Rivian stakeholders & Strategic Capex team.
- Translate data driven recommendations and systems models
- Assist with data collection and analysis efforts
- Steer negotiations with in-depth cost reviews
Create should-cost and help build program and planning budgets. Support in timely and capex efficient design, execution, and life cycle sustaining of new factories and equipment projects directly with CapEx team, manufacturing engineering partners, and key cross-functional teams:
- Drive standardization of quotes and proposal intake with suppliers and Rivian team members.
- Monitor key performance metrics of supplier performance ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Build tools for consistent assessment and evaluation of suppliers
- Ensure flawless execution of Capex projects from inception to substantial completion
Communicate directly with senior leadership team on key strategic supplier and technological decisions:
- Produce reports, data visualizations and dashboards that communicate objective information.
- Support Rivian’s global CapEx expansion with ensuring data integrity and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- 1-3years of relevant experience(in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain is a bonus).
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, high level of integrity.
- Analytical skills, technical acumen, and attention to detail required to solve complex cross-functional issues.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Core working hours of this role are 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.