Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with application/development team to design optimized schema to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Work with application team for Database Archival, Purging, remove unused tables etc.,
- Implement Rivian architectural roadmap on High Availability and Disaster Recovery solution to minimize database downtime for planned/unplanned outages.
- Be a part of designing data model for inhouse development applications. Should be capable of creating Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Review and write database StoreProcs and help solving performance issues with StoreProcs, Indexes etc.,
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to database technical problems under high pressure.
- Responsible for database backup and restoration process are properly done
- This person will ensure databases are optimized and will troubleshoot and resolve any database related issues.
This is what you’ll need:
- Possess technical skills in various versions of MS SQL Server including system installation and upgrade, change data capture, backup and recovery, data server migration, database maintenance and support, release management, troubleshooting, performance tuning, developer and third party product support, configuration and support of DTS and SSIS jobs, SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans
- Proficient with the SQL Server Log Shipping, clustering, replication and database mirroring features and installing and supporting SQL Server and 2014 particularly with features such as Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Experience with SQL, Transact-SQL and troubleshooting queries and stored procedures and with creating documentation of installation procedures, monitoring procedures, security policies, configuration changes, migration procedures, and best practices for
- Solid understanding of installing and managing 3rd party vendor applications and dependent components, including packages that utilize IIS, Microsoft Reporting Services, etc. and automating database tasks: installations, refreshing databases from backup teams; ability to install and troubleshoot client connectivity software, such as JDBC or ODBC; experience with providing on-call production DBA support including off hours and weekend support
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related subject required.
- Minimum five years of experience as a production support database administrator
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.