Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Use battery systems controls and software development experience of control components for the BMS ECU:
- Design software components of the BMS, involving mode management, low level driver measurements and diagnostics, safety and fault management, contactor controls and precharge, etc.
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks:
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software
- Collaborate with validation engineers to test your firmware functionality on HIL, pack & vehicles
- Collaborate with systems and architecture engineer to derive software level requirements
- Utilize a variety of debug tools to aid and speed your development, writing scripts, gui’s, & executables
- Share progress & participate in cross functional code reviews with systems, firmware, and battery algorithm engineers
- Work with existing ECU teams to teach and enforce our coding and architectural standards
- Transition between C-programming and Model Based Design (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Understand corner-cases, unit-testing, and processor performance limitations
- Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations
- Show willingness to collaborate on dynamic projects; from low-level firmware manipulation, all the way up to high-level Li-Ion Cell & CAN data processing, filtering, and analysis
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3+ years of work experience in the battery and/or electric vehicle industries
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (EE or CS preferred)
- Highly experienced with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development & C programming
- Previous programming experience on automotive ECUs; Battery Management System ECUs a plus
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments
- Experience using Vector tools (CAN/CANape etc.,)
- Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience with model-based design (creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink) is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principles & common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, & interpersonal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Versed in production development & testing timelines
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Versed with version control tools (GitLab, Github)
- Previous experience with product launches and working to a tight schedule
- Previous experience with Real-Time Operating Systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.