Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Use best-practices, experience, and talents to ensure high quality development, verification, and validation for model-based design BMS software:
- Work with model-based design controls and algorithm engineers and software engineers to ensure their algorithms are robust, understandable, and testable
- Develop and generate test software using MBD (Model based design) tools (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink) that:
- Implement the Simulink design verification static checks based on best practices and in compliance with standards.
- Implement Simulink unit testing tools (e.g., Simulink test manager) to verify the required features and functional content
- Ensure short-term and long-term compliance to safety requirements regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO-26262), local building codes, and internal company policy (e.g., MAAB and MISRA C)
- Develop test automation procedures at the function/model level (MIL/SIL)
- Define and maintain test systems used for MIL/SIL testing
- Lead maintenance of functional test cases for software units and support validation engineers with unit test case development
- Participate in the code reviews, and act as the primary approver for developers’ merge requests based on design verifications and functional unit testing results
- Work closely with systems and architecture engineers and support the overall software architecture design
- Lead the MBD software architecture design and work closely with the integration engineer for implementation
- Manage and maintain calibrations per software release using MATLAB and scripting expertise, generate calibrations report for cross functional reviews with different stakeholders.
- Develop gui’s, & executables to contribute to automation of MBD verification and validation.
- Support the development of standard workflow
- Share progress & participate in cross functional code reviews with systems, firmware, and battery algorithm engineers
- Represent the BMS team in the cross functional MBD committees across the organization.
- Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations
- Show willingness to collaborate on dynamic projects; from low-level firmware manipulation, all the way up to high-level Li-Ion Cell & CAN data processing, filtering, and analysis
- 3+ years of work experience (Battery, Electric Vehicle or Automotive industries preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (EE or CS preferred)
- Experience in programming embedded systems, preferably on automotive ECUs, Battery Management Systems, or other safety critical systems.f
- Experience with model-based design and software development; creating control systems & models with MATLAB/Simulink and auto generated code.
- Experience setting up Embedded Coder and Model Advisor for Simulink Models.
- Experience setting up unit and MIL testing tools for Simulink models.
- Experience writing scripting MATLAB/Python.
- Fluent in C Programming Language
- Understanding of Real-Time Operating Systems, and their interactions with application layer.
- Experience using Vector tools (CAN/CANape etc.)
- Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Familiar with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Familiar with version control tools (GitLab, Github)
- Familiar with automotive product development, testing and launch timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principles & common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, & interpersonal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.