Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Build a lead a Team of procurement professionals to develop sourcing strategies and cost-savings initiatives for a CapEx category.
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Engage with and support engineering leadership in identification of technologies and suppliers for vehicle development
- Responsible for development, oversight and presentation of all sourcing selections to internal stakeholders
- Ensure group spend is aligned with company objectives and contracts are in place and compliant for all suppliers
- Establish metrics to measure, monitor and analyze sourcing progress and supplier performance
- Drive cost model transparency to understand total cost of ownership for supplier selections
- Develop cost-saving initiatives and identify other opportunities through benchmarking, VA/VE activities, competitive bidding and re-sourcing
- Drive success through empowering your team, leading by example and removing roadblocks
- Communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders, remaining composed under pressure while adapting to a dynamic work environment
- Support business planning initiatives and milestone attainment
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, acting as the lead for all capital expenditure issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Business disciplines, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- Master’s/MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Background in Strategic Sourcing, Contract Negotiation, and Financial Opportunity Analysis
- Superior analytical skills with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in building high performing strategic purchasing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve organizational objectives
- Skilled at multi-tasking, and capable of adapting and improvising to challenges when necessary
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Core working hours for this role are 8-5pm but are not limited to these specified hours
- Travel will be required on an as-needed basis
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.