Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Along with a few others on the team, you will spend time as the sole point of support for prototype vehicles as they are used on public roads. You will be responsible for the vehicles function, safe operation, condition and decisions making on behalf of the vehicle. This will include Rivian products but will start with a focus on the Prime Vans Rivian is building for Amazon. This will include traveling and spending a week or so as a delivery driver. During this you will not only maintain the vehicle but also gather testing data on the function and usage of the vehicle. You’ll also do the following:
- Support all Special Project vehicles including show cars, marketing vehicles and other non-production builds
- Work hands on with Prime vehicles to support Amazon’s testing and other vehicle needs
- Support build, commissioning and testing of Rivian prototype materials
- Maintain the marketing vehicle fleet
- Capture issues, root cause, resolve and contain vehicle issues as they come up on prototype vehicles
- Drive vehicles on road for testing and development to support Amazon’s evaluation needs
- Lead builds for Special Projects marketing vehicles and create build plans specific to the needs for these external facing vehicles
- Be the technical support for these vehicles a various external events, drives, shows, marketing or other internal vehicle shows
- Interface with production engineering, purchasing, prototyping and suppliers to deliver the vehicles on time to a higher than expected level
- An understanding of vehicle systems
- Desire and ability to fabricate and assembly vehicle components and systems and knowledge to rootcause and repair or facilitate repair on electrical or controls issues
- Experience in vehicle manufacturing, design, packaging, and prototyping
- The ability to quickly make tradeoffs and decisions to drive progress
- Knowledge of prototype process –low volume manufacturing and fabrication – with quality, cost, and timing tradeoffs
- The ability to use CAD to design parts
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of production development
- Strong team work skills, the ability to collaborate, and a positive attitude
- An open mind to challenge convention and work to create thing in ways that haven’t been done before
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.