Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a direct to consumer automaker, Rivian manages the entire customer experience, including the complete journey of a vehicle order from configuration through delivery. We are hiring an Order Operations Manager to help guide the order journey and ensure timely, accurate deliveries. The ideal candidate with be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment balancing interconnected variables. This is a highly collaborative role at a key nerve center of Rivian’s commercial activities.
- Manage order records to implement the demand plan
- Create all new vehicle records based on demand planning analysis
- Update build dates based on the demand planning analysis
- Interface with supply chain, IT, and other teams to accommodate special scenarios
- Manage the matching of vehicles to orders
- Operate digital tools for managing vehicle-order matching
- Manually assign orders to vehicles in special scenarios
- Troubleshoot issues with vehicle assignment
- Solve problems
- Be main point of contact throughout Rivian for orders that need attention
- Coordinate responses across production, customer service, vehicle delivery, and other functions
- Participate in the Engineering Change Management Process
- Understand the impact of engineering changes to existing orders and vehicle records
- Update configuration data and vehicle assignment logic accordingly
- A Can-Do attitude and experience working in a fast paced environment with shifting conditions
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships, build trust in a demanding environment, and succeed cross functionally
- 4 years experience in Sales Operations, Order Administration, or related business experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to operate across the range from individual contribution to team management
- Experience in a startup or other high-growth or fast-paced work environment, with the ability to triage and make good decisions quickly
- Experience using excel, ERP systems, and other digital tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant job experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.