Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will support multiple operations. You are comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders as a conduit of support and fostering inter-department communications for sustainability, safety, and environmental matters. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement at multiple sites while working with team members to identify solutions to EHS challenges.
· Familiar with reporting requirements: SASB, GRI, and other required environmental reports
· Experience with property due diligence and environmental remediation.
· Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations.
· Effectively teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
· Support requirements pertaining to Air Permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) and RCRA waste characterizing.
· Prepare, and submit, environmental and safety reports for compliance.
· Lead, and manage, ESG guided projects.
· Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines, including Cal-OSHA and Cal-EPA.
· Complies with all company policies and procedures.
· Inspect facilities to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
· Identify risk and issue corrective actions, as needed.
· Assist in completing risk assessments
· Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Psychology or Marketing.
• 5+ years EHS work experience with Consulting, Manufacturing, or Laboratory setting.
• Proficient knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
• Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Ability to work varied hours (emergencies, projects) with occasional travel (domestic), required.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Asks Why. Curious.
• Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
• Great communication skills with a wide variety of personnel from various cultural backgrounds.
• Adaptable and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.