Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
At Rivian, the Product Cybersecurity team is responsible for the security of our vehicles and ecosystem.
We are seeking a senior engineering manager who will lead our high performing team of engineers whose primary focus is to ensure the security of our vehicles, and ecosystem. This role will have a large impact into the overall security of our systems and vehicles.
This Is What You’ll Do
- · Hire, lead, mentor and maintain our high performing engineering teams and culture
- · Conduct weekly 1:1's to help provide direction, experience, growth and guidance to teammates
- · Hold scrum meetings with key stakeholders, team and foster agile development practices
- · Manage the engineering backlogs with cross-functional partners
- · Establish and lead technology decisions, development and solutions with a focus on security
- · Establish processes for repeatable and consistent delivery of features and upgrades
- · Implement KPI's to measure progress, quality and security objectives
- · Help ensure the security posture of Rivian's technology is properly maintained with best-practices, techniques, and testing strategies
- · Work cross-functionally with teams across multiple engineering teams
- · Contribute and guide critical decisions over changes within the tech stack
- · Effectively communicate with teams cross-functionality
This Is What You’ll Need
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- · Minimum of a combined 15 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- · Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineering manager/director
- · Possess strong experience and knowledge in building cryptographically secure systems
- · Experience working on mobile, web, and backend/infrastructure
- · Experience working in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- · Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- · Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is where you’ll work
- · Department: Product Cybersecurity
- · Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.