Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and maintain tools focused on control systems, data acquisition & automated data analysis for existing and upcoming test systems.
- Develop Data Acquisition setups to test Traction Motor, Electric Drive subsystems and components.
- Develop Automated Test Scripts and assist test Operators in the development and testing.
- Develop scripts for Automated Data Analysis and Report.
- Ensure test systems are controlled in a safe and consistent manner. Create summary reports for all conducted tests and provide data analytics from the collected data during testing.
- Participate in lab equipment selection, procurement of Motor Test Systems and Equipment.
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or a related field Engineering with 7 years of testing & development experience required.
- Expertise in NI LabVIEW programming & thorough knowledge of CAN communication.
- Experience in configuration, development, maintenance of National Instruments Veristand (including the development of Custom Devices) and NI Test Stand is highly desirable.
- Experience in MATLAB programming.
- Experience in Vector CANalyzer/CANoe scripting in CAPL.
- Experience in data analysis and scripting for automated data analysis tools such as NI DIAdem, is preferred.
- Expertise in instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, flow meters.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.