Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Manager for Body Structures, you will lead a team of mechanical design engineers, helping to grow the organization while also having ownership of your given commodity.
- Responsible for program deliverables for all projects within their commodity
- Lead resource planning and recruitment for responsible area
- Responsible for all performance and career development of team members
- Support the development and implementation of the latest technologies in materials, processes and design execution
- Lead collaborative development of body structural content including interfacing cross-functional teams
- Responsible for design and engineering of components and sub-systems throughout program lifecycle, including: concept design, supplier engagement, BOM management, systems requirements, simulation analysis, prototyping builds, validation testing, and production support
- Lead departmental problem solving activities
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree and significant experience is a plus)
- 5+ years of first hand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching body structures into production
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of body structures
- Detailed understanding of the manufacturing, materials and processes utilized to produce your components as well as commercial and financial awareness
- Ability to conduct & drive the DFMEA process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Passion to develop people and teams as a core part of the role
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.