Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- The Injection Group Leader is responsible for directing a small team of molding associates in the areas of production, scheduling, safety, maintenance and quality.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of hands-on injection molding and similar experience dealing in plastic polymers as well as supervisory experience.
- The position will require competencies that include molding, tooling, quality inspection and supervision.
- Troubleshoot and adjust molding parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output
- Lead a small team of people in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and in continuous improvement
- Perform problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous improvement
- Coordinate tooling and equipment availability, repair, and maintenance
- Ensure cleanliness and maintains safe work environment within the injection department
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions
- Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding maintenance and repair for tooling and equipment
- Implement and manage all maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all injection molding equipment
This is what you’ll need:
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment and supervisory experience
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Degree in Plastics or Engineering OR 5 years hands-on work experience in Injection Molding
- Continuous Improvement experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably in an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Plastics Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.