Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The primary function of the Project Manager, Fleet Deployment is to manage the design, utility grid connection and construction of charging and energy infrastructure for Rivian’s Fleet customers. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Fleet Programs in the Charging and Energy Group.
This position requires close coordination with internal Rivian Fleet Solutions Sales, Design, Analytics and Purchasing teams as well as external property owners, engineering firms and construction contractors. Project Manager – Fleet Deployments shall lead fleet design and construction projects to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical aspects of multiple projects up to three (3), at scale are being executed, as required. Facilities associated with this role include charging infrastructure, energy storage assets, renewable energy assets and adjacent facilities at customer locations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with Rivian Analytics team and solutions engineers to gather critical customer fleet information to inform customer offering.
- Accompany Rivian team on customer site visits to provide design and build feedback to influence site layout.
- Review and redline all drawings produced by either in-house or 3rd party engineering teams.
- Establish, train and maintain relationships with engineers, utility companies, contractors, supply vendors and service teams.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to generate appropriate utility designs, easements, line extension agreements, and construction orders.
- Own the permitting scope for fleet projects and represent Rivian at zoning hearings when needed.
- Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings. Bid out, analyze contractor quotes, distinguish pros and cons of different project delivery methods and award construction contracts.
- Consistently manage project budgets by reviewing and approving bids and change orders throughout the construction project.
- Develop work plans and oversee performance of contractors.
- Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents in all applicable program/project management software platforms.
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with engineering staff, third parties, customer representatives and public entities as necessary.
- Build out Rivian’s vendor base by finding, qualifying, and training design firms, material suppliers, and general contractors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management or related.
- 3+ years of experience in the commercial and industrial energy field.
- 3+ years of experience managing construction projects of similar size and complexity.
- Experience with developing complex electric vehicle deployments preferred.
- Lead projects “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction projects.
- Manage multiple project and issues effectively.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effectively solve problems and conflicts using an objective mindset.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations.
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to project team members.
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.