Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation, and maintenance of Lab Bench and HIL testing for power electronics related ECUs. Responsibilities will include specification/support/maintenance of Lab Bench and HIL hardware and software components, regression test design, scheduling and reporting as well as companywide HIL coordination. You will be expected to keep track of the various bench/test/HIL activities in other groups and ensure common, elegant, and optimized solutions guaranteed to deliver a fully tested and mature Electric Power Conversion (EPC) component, consistent with company strategies and goals.
- Contribute to clearly defined EPC requirements that are thorough, specific, and testable
- Design elegant ECU specific test cases to ensure full regression coverage for relevant EPC related requirements
- Develop software unit testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
- Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance, and support
- Coordinate with embedded software engineers to ensure production software is testable/tested
- Document SW Unit Test/HIL requirements, design, and procedures/results
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C programming language
- Working knowledge of Linux and Embedded Linux development methodologies
- Deep knowledge of specified HIL hardware and software tools (MATLAB/Simulink/Opel RT/Typhoon/etc.)
- Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (GitFlow)
- Ability to optimize build/test flow using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
- Deep knowledge of specified software unit test tools
- Ability to coordinate and standardize test design between ECU groups
- Knowledge of ISO-26262 practices
- A college degree in an applicable engineering field
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.