Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our self-driving team and support our vehicle integration and validation teams. You will work with highly talented leads and engineers to manage the team’s scope, schedule and dependencies
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator with proven industry experience in successfully leading and coordinating teams on complex system integration projects.
- Work with cross functional engineering teams to establish program scope and deliverables, development schedules, milestones, dependencies (including resources and cost), validation plans, success criteria, track progress, and drive issue resolution among the teams.
- Work with our vehicle integration and validation teams to drive feature development, integration and validation.
- Work with cross-functional teams and other Technical Program Managers to ensure timely delivery of software releases and integration into vehicle.
- Collaborating with software developers to provide test feedback, jointly resolve findings, and burn down issues.
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems.
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues, when the team encounters challenging issues or obstacles.
- BS or MS in higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 2+ years of proven industry experience in successfully leading strong technical teams or program management teams, and delivering complex projects.
- 3+ years of experience in Automotive or related industries.
- Proven technology and technical program management expertise in delivering new technologies and products, and in managing teams in matrix organizations across multiple locations.
- Experienced with agile processes and running scrum meetings.
- Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills.
- Experience in ADAS, Autonomous vehicle systems and/or sensors is a plus.
- Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally.
- Experience working in an environment and supporting compliance to key safety standards
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.