Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our Manager of Service Continuous improvement will build and lead a team of regional partners focused on implementing the Rivian Integrated Operating System across Rivian’s Service network. This is a highly visible role with broad coverage of Rivian’s organization and will be a critical driver of Continuous Improvement throughout Rivian’s growth. This opportunity is for a “Do-er Coach” that strives to bring different teams together to tackle problems and drive growth.
• Be the field leader for Rivian Service leading Rivian’s Integrated Operating System (RIOS) across regions.
• Be the “Expert” and drive Lean, Continuous Improvement, Leadership, Metrics and Six-Sigma in a way that is unique to Rivian and biased towards growth and innovation. This is not your traditional cost-cutting role!
• Build and lead a team of partners that can be experts in RIOS and are capable of leading, coaching, and doing across the organization, with a bias for Coming Together on actions and Over Delivering in assigned regions.
• Develop and maintain the Service RIOS scorecard, and provide coaching to help other leaders better ensure accountability to the metrics and Rivian’s Always Improving mindset.
• Work with corporate Centers of Excellence to continually improve the RIOS framework and share knowledge.
• Support training teams with team-member onboarding on Day 1 to establish and support Compass culture.
• Lead a “Can Do!” culture of metrics by doing, driving RIOS shop floor management, adoption, auditing, and adaption across all our Service locations. This is a fun, high-paced, tactical role.
• Leverage technology to enable Rivian to further work smarter, allowing more focused effort on the “harder.”
• Create adoption and be the resource to the field that can “Zoom Out” and problem solve in any arena.
• Attract, train, develop and retain top level talent for respective team.
• Seniority based on years of industry experience in a field related to Automotive, Mobility, Strategy, New Ventures, Engineering, Operations, or Customer Experience (Retail, Service). Target 10+ for senior role.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business. Non-degreed candidates will be evaluated that can demonstrate exceptional backgrounds and ability to do the job.
• Experience leading indirect or direct teams through programs, org structure, or ongoing operations. Preference to candidates who have led teams of PMs.
• Certifications in Project Management Methodology, Lean, and Six-Sigma (Green Belt Minimum) required.
• Ability to break down a problem into first principles, understand flow, and identify a more effective way.
• Entrepreneurial, Growth and Innovation mindset. This is not a cost-cutting role.
• Breadth of exposure and demonstrated understanding of multiple company functions and how they connect. Ex: Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities. Retail and Service. Finance.
• Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
• Highly motivated, self-starter and constructive team-player.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.