Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Technical Leader for Body Structures, you will take responsibility for all components on your assigned project within your engineering group.
- Guarantee best practices across their commodity (cost, WT, INV target achievement responsibility)
- Subject matter expertise within the commodity, that help drive technical solutions across multiple projects and functions
- Understanding industry and competitive benchmarking, trends, and new technologies
- Leading and driving design reviews within their commodity through forward-looking CAD reviews
- Responsible for technical roadmap and communication within their commodity
- Setting architecture, including clear targets for vehicle and part specifications within their commodity
- Responsible for delivering on all Attribute targets within their commodity
- Responsible for validity and upkeep of all design standards & DFMEA within their commodity
- A detailed knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices around Body Structures (stamping, casting, extrusion, multi-material joining, CAE, etc)
- Past experience leading the design of multiple body developments from cradle to grave.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A deep understanding of your commodities (including first principle physics) and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, production build, and customer experience involved with all interfacing systems
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.