Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design, test and validate motion planning algorithms for autonomous driving
- Develop real-time planning algorithms under uncertainty
- Test, verify and implement algorithms in simulation environment and in the production vehicle
- Work closely with the system engineering team to formulate design verification plans and procedures, execute tests and generate engineering reports
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with autonomous systems (robotics, ADAS, UAVs…)
- Strong background in at least one of the following: optimization, planning under uncertainty, formal methods, machine learning
- Good knowledge and experience with C++
- Deep understanding of linear algebra, dynamical systems, statistics, and probability
- A zero-shot learner who can build a solution from first principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development to a validated product
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Solid knowledge and experience in Matlab/Simulink or Python
- Deployed systems with C++ or C
- Experience with appropriate verification and validation efforts at different test levels (unit testing/SIL/HIL/Vehicle)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.